Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Blank Page

(Days Twenty and Twenty-one in my Month of Blessings)

I missed writing in my blog last night but it was not intentional. I actually fell asleep while putting Sage to sleep and I’ll count that as a blessing – a night where I went to bed early and slept soundly until Sage called out at 3 a.m. and then we went back to sleep until 6 a.m. Around this house, that’s something to be thankful for. It’s all relative, right?

And today, this Saturday morning, I am thankful for all the promise the start of a day holds. Mornings are my favorite time. Coffee, feeling rested, looking forward to all the good that is possible. It’s like a blank page and a new pen – the day is just waiting to be written upon. Favorite outings, time outside in the sunshine and fallen leaves, good food, conversations with friends, watching the kids build a pillow fort. Having nothing we HAVE to do but instead, letting the day unfold. A story waiting to be told.

Though I don’t know what our story today will be, I plan to make the most of this beautiful day and the time with my family. Unscheduled days are a rarity in our overly committed lives. I value the freedom today holds.

As I finished my run this morning and walked the last half mile home, I lifted my face, closed my eyes, and let the sun warm me. I repeated to myself: “I am love. I am joy. I am happiness unfolding.” Because when I know this, I become this. And in becoming this, I am a positive force heading out into my day and into the world.

So, to a day, a story, filled with great love, joy, and happiness – my own and those whose lives I touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment